Thursday, January 28, 2010

Newer Update...1/28

I just got off the phone with mom. Here's the latest:

*They had decided something was wrong with his back and had a doctor (I don't know what kind) come in and look at it. They said that there were a few spurs on his spine, but nothing they would worry about. Dad has never thought there was anything wrong with his back. Of course, his Chiropractor Ryan has his own opinion of how to fix that, and I KNOW it would work better! ;)

*His kidneys are only functioning at 7.5% now. They are going to take him down in the morning to put a port in his chest and give him dyalisis tomorrow. They said something about him going home by noon on Saturday, and he could continue this at home. They had told mom yesterday that she could do one at home, so I don't know if this is all the same thing or what! Sometimes I think they talk in circles!

*The doctor has always said that the kidneys will "take" better if you transplant straight from your own kidneys to the new kidney without dyalisis. He mentioned this again tonight. But, dad has been on the transplant list for 2 years and they said he'd have about 5 at least. How long do they think he could live on 7% and less kidneys?!?! This is frustrating!

Ryan's been looking at the Merck Manual and researching dyalisis. It seems that EVERY symptom dad has, from throwing up to the numbness in his limbs, all comes back to his kidneys. But, the doctors keep trying to find reasons why these things are happening. I guess we just have to be patient. We'll see how tomorrow goes. I do think we're going to look for a new doctor though...

No comments:

Post a Comment