Thursday, January 7, 2010

Less than 100 days!!!

WOW! I just realized that Ryan graduates in less than 100 days! WOOHOO! Its so exciting that he doesn't have anymore classes or tests. Oh, I don't know if we posted it, but he passed Part 4 boards!!!!! NO MORE TESTS!!! He has clinic until April and then we're done! Now, we just have to pray that God shows us where our path should lead us once I get done with the semester in June.

This week has been crazy! I got my oil changed and they told me my headlight was out...they'd fix it for around $35. I thought, well, AutoZone will be cheaper and they'll put it in too. So, I went to Jazzercise and then to AutoZone. Well, the light was $10, but it was too dark to put the light in that night, so I was told to come back tomorrow. So, right after school, I headed straight back...they couldn't do it, it was too hard! AYYYY!! They check my "check engine light" and it said I needed antifreeze. After a quick consultation with mechanic dad, I bought the antifreeze and filled it up. (I even made a funnel out of a water bottle using my handy new PINK pocket knife...thanks Ry!!!) Well, my "check engine light" is still on. Now, its one of 2 guages that could be defective. I wouldn't worry about it, but of course I have to get inspected this month! oh, well...we have 23 more days, right?!?
Backtracking a little, on Saturday, we noticed my back tire was low, so Ryan aired it up. I also had them air it up when I got my oil changed, just to make sure it was at the right level. So, after school Wednesday, I noticed it was low again, so I thought, I'll go get it fixed! (BLAH!) I went to Discount Tire and of course (after 45 minutes) there were 2 screws/nails and one was on the sidewall and they couldn't fix it. I need a new $109 tire. Well, knowing my hubby, I figured that would mean 2 tires, because he'd want them to be equal. I was flustered about it all, so I just had them put the old tire back on, not the SPARE! DUH! So, then I was telling Ryan, and I was in trouble! AYYYYY! Oh, and they can't change a light at Discount Tire....FYI!
Today, Ryan ended up with a 2 hour delay for school/clinic because of ice. (I still had to drive half an hour in "ice" but ok...) So, he took my car to get new tires. Well, of course, the first one he went to didn't have the tires. He headed to another one, and got the tires...$300 later after taxes, installation, warranty, disposal.... Then he was off to get the light fixed. He stopped at a dealership and they were going to charge him $55 bucks to get the dang thing put in. He went to another one and it was $62 or something. $35 is looking great by now, so again, I am in trouble. He finally drives 20 minutes back to the first place (from the oil change) and they fixed it for $15 since we had the light! I swear! Now, we just have to get the stinkin check engine light off in 27 days to pass inspection. Note to check engine light: PLEASE GO OFF FOR JUST AN HOUR!!! PLEASE!!!

Well, now things are looking better. Cars are fixed and we're having chili for dinner. YUM!!! Football and cuddling....I'm thinkin some brownies sound good...

No comments:

Post a Comment