Well, we're starting the 6th week of school now! Things have really flown by and we've been super busy! I'm really enjoying school, if I can just stay a week ahead for lesson plans and a day ahead for grocery shopping! LOL! Its been an adjustment here...I have to post lesson plans weekly, and we also have weekly duties and meetings which I didn't have in Plano! But, I'm getting the hang of it and trying to keep everything straight. I only missed 1 duty and went the wrong day another time!
I'm learning all sorts of new things in school...I've learned how to TEACH how to make jelly....thanks mom!!! My class made peach preserves last week and LOVED it. They got to try it the next day on a biscuit and ate a whole jar! My grandma would be proud!!! Everyone got to take home a jar and they were super excited! We had extra apples - I'll tell ya more about that in a minute - so we tried our hand at drying apples this week too. Luckily, I had a student whose done that before, so we figured it out. It really was fun to play with the dehydrator...we even dried our extra parsley and basil! I've gotta learn how to make jerky now...that's my project for next week. (I'm not about to attempt it during homecoming week!)...send me any ideas and tips you have! ;)
About the apples...I've been asking EVERYONE for fruits and vegetables for our food preservation unit. Well, a nurse at Dad's dyalisis had a tree and told us we could come pick all we wanted. I was planning on just a few dozen, but dad had other ideas! We ended up picking over 4 of those Albertsons reusable bags FULL of apples! Over the next week, my classes learn about freezing apples! We cut up and preserved over 60 cups of apples for apple pies later in the semester! We also made 6+ apple crisps, and have now tried our hand at drying apples. I even gave apples away to our students! LOL! I think we've now used all of them! Whew!

As for Ryan and the business....Country Chiropractic is taking off better than we had expected. Ryan's days are still slow, but he's seeing enough patients to cover his bills so far! YAY! He still has LOTS of growing to go, but we've been pleased with
how its been going. He's got an awesome sign up now...thanks Joy!...that catches lots of attention. We're working on some more advertising, but you'll have to listen for his ads on the radio (105.1) at :02 or :32 after the hour randomly throughout the day! :) There was a good article on him in the paper a few weeks ago too....I'll try to scan that in to post on here. Its definately keeping us busy, but its so great to see Ryan in action and the business slowly starting to grow! Remember to call 575-392-BACK or check us out on the web at http://www.dosscountrychiropractic.com/ or on Facebook!
how its been going. He's got an awesome sign up now...thanks Joy!...that catches lots of attention. We're working on some more advertising, but you'll have to listen for his ads on the radio (105.1) at :02 or :32 after the hour randomly throughout the day! :) There was a good article on him in the paper a few weeks ago too....I'll try to scan that in to post on here. Its definately keeping us busy, but its so great to see Ryan in action and the business slowly starting to grow! Remember to call 575-392-BACK or check us out on the web at http://www.dosscountrychiropractic.com/ or on Facebook!On another note, we're still trying to sale our house in Dallas! We had our 1st look in about a month this weekend and then they're coming back for a 2nd look....so we're crossing our fingers. Hopefully, we'll sell it soon!!!
And, a HUGE prayer request for us...we're still hoping to start our family soon. We are thinking of looking into adopting, but that's an expensive venture, and with a new business and 2 houses, its not an option right now. We still hope to have one of our own, but things just aren't working out yet. So, please say a prayer as we hope to start this new chapter in our lives SOONER than later...its been a tough struggle for both of us!

Ok, I guess that's it for now....I think I've updated you on a lot! I'll have to post again soon with pictures of my parent's new little family members - Bitty and Babe! They are super cute and very loveable!




I'm so glad to hear that everything is going well...apples and all! It sounds like your new class is a lot of fun. And I'm so happy that Ryan's business is taking off - such great news!
ReplyDeleteWe miss you guys!