Friday, March 26, 2010

3 weeks...

I can't believe graduation is only 3 weeks away! Things have been S*U*P*E*R busy at our house...
-Ryan's mom gave him lasiks (laser eye surgery) for his graduation present. So, I took the day off today to take him to the doctor. After a 40 minute drive across town, he went back at 1:45 and we were in the car driving by 2! WOW! He took a little nap, and said he can see better but there is a fogginess right now. He's gotta go back in the morning for a checkup, but the doc said tomorrow would be an exciting day... :)
-We decided to list our house with a realtor. We're using one that Ryan's friend from school recommended and she is really working with us to try and keep us out of the red...just the economy really hurts. Since was getting his eyes done, we didn't want to get his allergies stirred up, and since all my wise family told me I couldn't, we hired someone to mow (a good investment if I do say so myself...). We spent the morning cleaning up and putting the final touches on the house so the realtor could come take pictures. Unfortunately, they didn't come mow until AFTER the pics, so she's coming back tomorrow to take some more. They're also coming to shampoo the carpet tomorrow morning, so she said she'll start showings tomorrow after 4!!!! WOW!!!!!! I'm kinda nervous, but I know that God will make things work!
-As for me, I'm feeling....weird. I got some sort of crud over spring break, and I still have a lingering cough, but otherwise I'm better. I'm 8 weeks now, and have anytime-of-day sickness. Its so random...I think its partly due to the cough though. I'm taking this as a good sign, because I got sick maybe once in the past...this time its at least once a day! I've also REALLLY been wanting fruit, especially watermelon. So, I bought a teeny one for $5 the other day and it was WONDERFUL!!! I'm getting tired easier too, but I'm trying to keep taking it easy. We just keeping praying about it, and we appreciate all the people that are praying for us too!!! :)
-Over spring break, we put lots of miles on the car looking at different chiropractic opportunities. We had about decided that we were just going to open our own from scratch (which we still may), but I think God may have other plans. We found a practice for sale in a teeny little town of about 5000 people. We're not advertising where it is yet, because we're still checking it out. Anyway, the doctor has been having someone come a few days a week from the close "big city" to cover his clinic since he was hurt in an accident, but he's trying to sell now. There would still be quite a bit of build up for Ryan, but there is potential there. He's talked to both the doctors (the owner and the one going over) and I think it could be a great opportunity. One of the docs also mentioned that there are some people interested in animal chiro there as well! We'll see how things go, but we both kind of think that God is answering our prayers...things just seem to be fitting. We're trying to find a time to go visit, hopefully before graduation, but we'll see if we can fit that in...

Ok, well I think that updates it all! LOL! I'll try to stay on top of this, but you know how that goes... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment