Mom and dad had to go back to Lubbock today. They had to change dad's shunt out. They've put a new one in lower on his chest that can stay in for about 6 months, where the other one was only good for about 10 days.
He's had 3 rounds of dialysis in Hobbs now. I think the third one has been the best one yet. His blood pressure still dropped, but it got more regulated in about 20 minutes (which is MUCH better). They've got him off all of his blood pressure medicines now, so I really think that's helping! I really think he's feeling better. The dialysis does make him tired, but he's got an appetite and more energy! WOOHOO! :)
Today, they gave mom and dad the options about home dialysis. One version, that goes through the stomach, is equal to something like 14 candybars! Now, I don't know if that is calories or sugar, but either way...WOW! It takes about a week training. The other version takes three weeks of training in Lubbock. Its blood dialysis, like at the clinic, but mom (or dad) would have to poke him everyday for the treatment. I think they should definately go with the home version, but it'll take a little time for them to figure out what they want to do. Both versions are portable, unlike what he's doing now, and can be done overnight. I hope they choose one soon...I think it'll be less stressful for both of them.
Either way, I think everyone's feeling better...dad is really doing well! We'll keep praying that he continues to improve! Thank you for all your prayers!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment