Thursday, July 8, 2010

July

Well, its been a while since I last wrote. Things have been CraZy BusY!!! Ryan has been working to get his New Mexico license, which has been a battle of its own. It doesn't seem as though someone up north has their act together. But, we've been assured that they now have everything and we hope to get his license by the end of the month! We've also been trying to set up the business name and corporation "stuff." I use "stuff" because there is a lot of it that goes into setting up the name and such...I never even imagined! I've sent in my paperwork (and money of course...they seem to want A BUNCH of that up north ;) to update my licensure for NM, and I've been told I'll know something in a little over a week.
I think we'll get the office space around the 20th of July, so we'll start setting everything up the way we want. We plan on moving from Dallas on the 16th or 17th, so that should be perfect timing! We're moving into the house Ryan lived in when we started dating, so that makes it neat! He already knows the ins and outs - LOL! His mom is having everything painted for us by the time we come home, so I'm super excited about that! I just hope the paint sample colors come out the same on the wall (I'm not very good at that! )
I just got the curriculum for my new classes today so I'm going to start on a rough calendar for the new year. I'll be teaching Foods I and II as well as Culinary Arts. It really looks like its going to be a lot of fun!
Its bittersweet getting ready to move! Our house is looking more and more empty and cold (not homey like we're used to). I said goodbye to my good friends I made at school today...so glad for the internet to keep in touch!!! Our Sunday School class is having a "good-bye" lunch for us on Sunday, and we're trying to have dinner with all of our friends one more time before we go. (Now, this all works out well since I've already packed up my kitchen! Unless something can be heated in its on container in the over - like Stouffers - or heat in the microwave, we're out of luck!)
Well, I guess thats it for now! I'll keep ya'll posted as we get closer to opening and starting our new chapter! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment